Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Transfer week and guess who's training AND district leader!

Transfer week and guess who's training AND district leader!
Family and Friends,
Well... that's right. Just Today President Pingree called and asked if I were willing to become the District Leader AND Train Elder Erickson along with Elder Mitchell. Yes, we are Trio Training.
So... things are going to be very busy around here. And Today was crazy because we were swamping cars. So we didn't have time to email.
And now Elder McGill needs to pack because he's going South now. And I still need a haircut...
So sorry for the late and short email. I will try to sneak in a letter to my family soon.
With more responsibility comes less time to do emails and other things. The Lord is giving us so much trust and I don't want to disappoint Him.
Watching General Conference was the best thing I have ever done. You should all watch it on lds.org. It's recorded so you can watch it again and again. The messages on there are inspired from God. They are the things we need to know TODAY right Now, from a LIVING Prophet, just like Moses, Noah, Abraham, Joseph Smith, and Jesus Christ Himself. God loves us and wants us to be happy. So we need to pay our tithing, DON'T GIVE UP IF WE ARE DEPRESSED, repent, follow the Savior, don't prioritize other things over going to church on Sunday, and so on.
These messages will help you, I promise. They are helping our members in our Branch. They are helping me. They will help you.
This Saturday we hope to have a baptism... the mother of the son is struggling to approve, so I ask for your prayers for Sherman that his mom might open her heart. We met with her last week and I was led by the spirit and Testified of the truth of the Gospel. The spirit was amazing in that house. The spirit led me to say what I needed to say. The mom is slowly changing, but we hope she can change soon so we can baptize her son. He needs it.
I ask for you to also pray that we might change the heart of Eric, an investigator who wants to be baptized... so he can receive food from the Bishop Storehouse. We will need to work with him about that.
Also pray for a young women we are teaching sign language to. Her name is Taylor. Shes 25 and is trying to learn sign language. She got called as an interpreter, but is really nervous. We are working to help increase her confidence in interpreting, so I ask for prayers to give her that confidence that when I say 'time to practice interpreting' and start talking to her, with the intent of her to sign to us in return, that she won't look nervous but do so confidently.
I think that's about it for now. Have a great week! I love you all!
Love,
Elder Gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment