Monday, October 14, 2013

Trio Training, District and Zone Leader, Elders Quorum...

Family and Friends,

Well... hi! Sitting here in Houston Texas in a college with my new trainee and other companion. I'm never been more exhausted in my life. Trio training and leadership responsibilities. Gotta love them! I'm happy I have a strong testimony of the church, or I wouldn't be doing this. The church IS true!

This past week Elder Erickson flew in and we greeted him and he threw himself directly into the work. He wants to work hard, more hard than I have. He's pumped up and ready to get people baptized, which is exactly who we need. He knows asl very well and has already been leading lessons. I'm excited for this Elder.

As District Leader now I have to make decisions in the District, teach meetings and go to meetings. It's a lot of fun!

We have a TON of new Missionaries and a ton of new trainers. Some of them just few in a few months ago and are already training!


We are such a big family in the Mission!

Updates on our investigators and members:

Sherman's mom has a wall now, isn't changing. So we are using the Match family to involve her in the Branch. That should soften her heart and encourage her to allow Sherman to be baptised. HE IS READY! Please pray for them, that she might open her heart and allow him to be baptized.

Taylor has been progressing good. She's the member we have been teaching asl to. She will be at the branch next Sunday so we will have her interpret. She's awesome! Very excited and is helping us with another member...

Adrianna is a less active return missionary. She has had emotional problems and wanted to quit the church. I spent an hour trying to convince her to use the Atonement of Jesus Christ to heal her wounds. She is very scared and I bore a powerful testimony to her. I even mentioned a super personal experience where I had pondered quitting the church myself and used the spiritual experience I had to comfort her. We asked Taylor, who's the same age, to get her involved. Become friends. Do stuff together. I hope that she will come back to church and not quit.

This week will be busy with meetings and Temple. I will probably have the opportunity to help interpret there, which will be a super unique experience.

That's about all I can think of. I hope everyone has a great week!

Love,

Elder Gardner

---

No comments:

Post a Comment