Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Transfer week, my LAST transfer on my Mission, and guess where I am now?

Family and friends,

This past week has been very interesting. I needed to do exchanges with Elder Mitchell and be with him for one day, and at the same time he needed to do Zone Leader exchanges with other Missionaries. So I was asked to stay up North, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So half the week I was up North. It was fun, being able to relax and enjoy different companions and the North area for a few days.

Friday was Zone Meeting and it was good, followed by a Deaf social at the Galleria and saw a member there, so we chatted with her. Saturday was an all service day. We cleaned up Fallbrook, then we helped a part member family weed their garden. Then our investigator who was planning on moving, postponed the move to next week, so we went to eat Dinner at a member's house, then to a graduation party from a recent convert.

Sunday was good. Had a rough morning but got to church and had a good day. Testimony meeting. One woman, who has almost hit a year since baptism, shared a long but powerful testimony on resisting temptation and no matter what others say about the LDS church, that you have to stand strong and be brave with your beliefs. Sunday School I asked a member to teach it, and she did a great job! Priesthood Brother Match taught. Had Dinner at the Skidmore's house. Only one more left. :(

Last night while waiting for transfer calls, President Pingree calls us. I answer and he asks to speak with Elder Oleson. I hand the phone over, and a minute later we find out he's going to be transferred back to English on Tuesday. Sad! But it's the Lord's will, so we helped him pack. Thus, Today we will eat together as a District. Crazy, my last transfer call ... full two years ASL...

So, one more transfer left... crazy! I still remember when we went to the MTC for the first time, and now I'm about the go home... but I have more adventures and plans to go through after my Mission. Until then, however, I will continue to find those whom the Lord desires for me to find and teach and baptize! 6 weeks left!

Have a fabulous week!

Love,

Elder Gardner.

No comments:

Post a Comment