Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas and New Year's

Christmas and New Year's
Family and Friends,
This past week was good! We had a great Christmas and I was able to skype with my family again. I was able to see everyone in our District skype with their families and it brought joy to my heart. We have some struggles in our district and seeing the Elders happy was the best Christmas gift I could get.
Sunday was crazy. No early morning meetings so we went to church later. There, almost no one was there anyway. Then Elder McGill taught Sunday school for an hour and a half. Then I had five minutes to explain how to do home teaching. Then we went to Sacrament meeting. It was a good Sunday. I got to help interpret for Brother Speckhard while he interviewed members of the Branch. I got to witness some very special moments while he talked with some families that were struggling.
Transfers this week! I am going South with Elder McGill and Elder Oleson is most likely going North with Elder Mitchell and Erickson. I'm not a fan of the South area because it's mostly less actives and ghetto and traffic all day long, but I know the Lord wants me to stay strong and Elder McGill needs help as well. Plus we are both in the EQ so it makes it more easy.
Our Branch is doing good. Some members are gossiping and spreading bad rumors. Some members are wanting to quit the Branch because of this. All we can do is love them and show them our support.
Our District is doing alright. We aren't fully unified yet but I know that the Lord wants myself and Elder Mitchell to keep it strong and I'm honored and willing to do so.
This is the reason I may appear to be more tired and stressed. But I know the Lord will help me out as I work hard and am obedient to the rules.
We just found a family with a deaf 2 year old son and a hard of hearing husband. The wife is trying to learn sign language and had three kids. Two boys who are teens and a girl who's about 12. We are excited to teach them sign language and help the husband become baptized, as he isn't a member. I'm seeing so many opportunities to help out people here!
Can yall continue to pray for Sherman and his mom, that they may soften their hearts and accept a baptism date?
Thanks for all of your support and love! I will continue to pray for yall as well!
Have a happy new year!
Love,
Elder Gardner.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment