Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Family and Friends,

Last week I watched a movie named Ephraim's Rescue. It was amazing, and I cried at the end. Got to see many Missionaries I haven't seen in months. Tuesday we went to do service. A member that joins us each week, Kristel, is leaving on her Mission Dec 3rd and so that was the last day we'd see her. We had all become good friends. So we went to a taco place and ate tacos, took photos, and said goodbye. We received a referral from ASL missionaries in another state, this referral was from Riverside Texas. Over an hour from Houston. Furthest I've been. So we went there but it was dark so it was hard to see. Very cool to see non city. Saw stars!

Wednesday I went to the Mission Office to get working on our testimony movie. I feel honored to have permission to use my video editing skills to help make a project for our Branch.

Thursday was Thanksgiving. Went to the park and played ultimate Frisbee, then got changed and enjoyed the rest of the day at the Speckhards. Great to see AJ and Emily again, the kids of Brother and Sister Speckhard. Got to hang out and have fun, enjoyed a DELICIOUS and WONDERFUL dinner. (Reminds me of home every time) and then had pie and played games. Brother Speckhard made me trunky though, turns out his family is going to their summer cabin in Wisconsin in July 2014, when I'll be home, and he invited me to join them if I wanted. Awesome!

Friday had Zone Meeting. Taylor came to team interpret with me again. Saturday we checked out the referral in Riverside again, but this time in daylight. Met the man we were looking for, and now have a person for the Missionaries to meet!

Sunday was great! Church was pretty good. A little smaller attendance than usual, but still acceptable. I ended up teaching the first hour class, and Elder McGill taught Priesthood. Sister Skidmore was there to interpret Sacrament meeting testimonies, and she asked for me to help her (since she only comes once a month). Afterward we were taught how to act out the Restoration lesson without signing thanks to our member Adrianna (who Taylor helped bring back). Then we went to the Temple, with plans to film my testimony. However, it was too dark, so we just hung around for an hour and took photos. It was great to feel the spirit! Then Skidmores for Dinner and home.

I've been having very good spiritual experiences this past week. My testimony has improved and become very strong. I know the church is true and I KNOW God loves us so much. I know He speaks to us Today through the Prophet, Apostles, and the Holy Ghost. Read the Book of Mormon, it will change your life forever!

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment