Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Temple and Christmas!

Family and friends,

This past week we were able to attend the Temple twice. Very spiritual experiences! Also, Christmas is coming soon so we are working hard to complete our testimony dvd project as well as obtaining Christmas music!

We found three new investigators this past well who are all prepared to receive the Gospel! Very excited.

I enjoyed the Christmas Devotional last night. It was very good, felt the spirit a lot and have some good ideas for our District.

Our District is struggling right now. So as District Leader I decided to host a district meeting at the Temple. We went there and felt the spirit strong. I spoke with President Pingree about the situation and we have solutions to make this work. I have 6 months left to help our District and Branch grow.

It's crazy how fast time flies! In just 6 months I will be home and working and preparing for school and so on. I can't believe it! This is the most important and can become the most dangerous time also. The reason is because of the knowledge that you are almost done and can soon go back to watching movies, tv, listening to the radio, dating girls, going to work and college, and so on. But I'm seeing it as a time to stay strong because of the opportunities the Lord is presenting me with. I know that the Lord has put me in this Deaf Branch for two years for a reason. I am so humbled to have the opportunity to meet so many amazing Deaf people here as well as church leaders and Missionaries.

I ask yall to pray for a few people. First, Itzel as well as Arnold and Andrea. These are our most recent investigators and I hope they are prepared to receive the Gospel.

Also, please pray for me. I'm about to hit 6 months left and I know that if Satan wants anything, it's to have his strong Missionaries become weak. Thoughts of home have started to come back. The natural man in me is starting to fight. I want to be spiritually prepared and ready to resist the temptations and to work hard. I have 6 months left to do the Lord's work and to represent Him. I love this and don't want to mess up.

I love yall so much and hope you have a good Christmas season!

Love,

Elder Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment